Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mother

A Tribute to my mom.
Yes, I will admit this is a late post. Mother's day was yesterday... but no
matter what day it is I want to give thanks to my mom.

My mom is a hero to me. An example of kindness and love. 
She is the best. Some of my favourite things my mom ever did for me, or fond memories I have
with her are... Jello Popsicles. (YUM), kool aid ice cubes, making crafts, tying my shoes(my mom taught me to tie my shoes), learning to bake, eating Teddy Bear bread right after it came out of the oven, baking with my mom,  my mom forcing me to go on walks(though I hated them then, I appreciate them all now), having sleepovers when I was young and my dad would go away for a conference, cuddling on the couch( I still do this one. she HONESTLY has the best cuddles... and hugs!)

Those are just a few of the great things I can think of that I loved doing with my mom. She truly is a great example to me. She shows me what a loving mother does. How she loves being a mom. She has taught me that you can always find positivity in a day and work with what you got.

My mom is the ultimate best. I know she loves me. She tells me every day. 
I always loved getting comments from friends when they would say, " I wish I had as good as relationship with your mom with my mom." I love being with my mom. She is a fun loving person. She enjoys spending her days with family, watching her grand kids in the backyard. Being called "Grammie". 

My mom has always taught me to stand up for myself and to never let anyone tell me I am less then perfect. To stand up for what I believe in and show it to the world. :)
When I was little I used to think my mom was like Emma Smith. She had dark hair like Emma, She did crafts like Emma and she loved the church.My mom is such a great example to me because no matter what's going on with life she will never lose her testimony. 

I have learnt through the years how much I love my mom. How much I want to be like her and strive to be the mother that she is. One that will ALWAYS have mother instincts radar to the 100%. Who will always care and nurture her children. One thing about my mom is she loves to take care of her kids and grand kids. She always loves when we visit because she gets the opportunity to cook and play games with us. She's a fun mom. She really is. 

I love my mom because of her personality. She LIKES having grandchildren around. She hates when we are away. She LIKES when we get to be together. She hates always having the house to herself. She LIKES having someone need her. She DOESN'T like when you don't call her often. She LIKES hearing her grandchildren laugh. She DOESN'T like bugs. She LIKES helping others. She DISLIKES bullies. She LIKES making new friends. She hates going for walks by herself. She LIKES homemade marshmallow chocolates. She HATES junk food. She loves making herself better. She LOVES playing games. She HATES that I don't like trains. She LOVES that Cody will play trains. She HATES cheaters. She loves 'Doing things yourself'. She HATES paying full price for anything. She LOVES finding a good deal and telling everyone about it. She HATES not buying something and then kicks herself when she goes back and it's not there. She LOVES the color brown. She HATED when we were little we would tell her her hair was black. 

Through the years I've given my mom a lot of grief. Poor woman probably had a heart attack once a week. But through it all she loved me through thick and thin. She has always wanted what is best for me and will always make sure I get it. As long as I am happy she is happy. :)

To my mom Ruby,

I love your name. I love you. I love your cuddles and hugs. I love your caring, sweet spirit. I love that you love me so much. I love the random songs you sing. I love how you tell stories in full detail, nothing is ever left out. I love that you are crafty- and have passed that down to me. I love that you are just a LITTLE bit taller then me. ;) I love that you married my dad. I love how you love, with a whole heart and sweet spirit. I love that all you want is your kids to have the best. To be happy and live a good life. I love that I picked you as my mom. I know that I watched you when I was in heaven and couldn't wait for you to meet Dad. I love looking at old pictures, my favorite is you holding me and me drinking a bottle. Even then you cuddled me, even if I didn't want it. I love your testimony of the church. and your constant teachings of it. I love your service attitude, and the great example that is to me, Thank you for serving ME through the years.

Mom, you are a true friend. Thank you for always being my mom first and my friend second. You always were there when I needed you. 

To my sisters as well- Happy Mother's Day! Thank you as well for being such loving examples.
Kathy- thank you for showing me that no matter what you can always be the fun mom. Thank you for showing me that big families can be fun and that service to others is the way to true happiness.

Cheryl- thank you for showing me that crafting can be fun for both you and kids! Thank you for showing me that being a stay at home mom can be fun. Thank you for teaching me patience for your family. 

Natalie- Thank you for showing me to enhance your children's quirks. Your kids are such fun loving kids, everyone will want to be there friends. Thank you for letting me be with you and learn from you even from a young age. You are such a fun mom, always taking your kids places and I can't wait to be that mom too. One that makes educational things(and other things too!) super fun!

Thank you mom. Thank you. I love you so much.
xoxo
W.



2 comments:

  1. And Thank You for being One of my Beautiful Daughters.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful tribute to a Beautiful women - we love you both

    ReplyDelete