Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One simple door.

Remember my last post folks? One about that beautiful door that I found? I have put EXTREME thought into this door. What color that would look good. If I should stain it instead. If I should keep it white.... and maybe paint a simple silver stencil around the edge..... I AM BLOCKED! I CAN'T THINK! I swear I've gone crafting dumb. I have AWESOME ideas of course for everything else like my table!!( that is for later this blog) but of course I am stumped with this door. If any of you in the blogging world know what you think would look good.... please. HELP ME!

Now onto a more positive note.

Our kitchen table.


My lovely sister in law Heather gave us our table( and Beau!) They too are recently are moving and were able to get rid of the "junk"they don't want.... It's a beautiful table. I love it! Its brown metal and has a glass top. Super trendy and wonderful!!! The chairs have the same effect. Chocolate brown metal with a light wooden woven seat.


When we went home to visit my parents in Medicine Hat, my mom helped me come up with the COOLEST idea. I wanted to "spice up" our house. But having Lionsworthe paint a new color on a new wall is $200 PER WALL!!!!! NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL!!!!RIDICULOUS RIGHT?


SO. We put our heads together and decided that we were going to do this.


1) find REALLY COOL, COLORFUL .... WALL PAPER.
- THAT'S RIGHT! wall paper. I originally wanted to use wrapping paper but it rips too easily. So wall paper it was. (my mom is super crafty) 


2) Modge Podge- modge podge this wallpaper to the underside of the glass! Instead of having a table cloth on it all the time, or having it just plain glass, add wall paper to the underside to SPICE IT UP!


That's IT!! Just 2 easy steps to make a trendy table TRENDIER!


Alright, back to the door. I think I need a work bee weekend. To get me into the crafting mood. I need an open canvas (which I have with the white door) ... which could be the first problem. But I think all I need is to go to the paint store. Get my creative gears turning and paint paint paint!

I may need my sister's in with this one. :)

 And some crafty blogs to read! One of my favorite ones is "Oops, I craft my pants!" check it out! Usely some really great ideas on it!

Chow for now! Happy Blogging!
W.









1 comment: