Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Us and Our house

Hello All,

I have started this blog, for more reason then just one. One reason being that I have failed at all attempts to begin a blog 3 times now. I love reading others blogs and learning of cool ways to create beautiful things for my home/life for cheap! And in the end, it's a place to come when you want to share your accomplishments with others. No matter how big or small.

Our accomplishment thus far is we are building a house! (no not with our bare hands.... but close to it!) I feel we are always out there watching the process of the house going up. We get teased for going out so often but it goes by too fast, and I will kick myself if I don't watch the process.

We are at the fun stage right now. The basement has been poured, the electricity base placed, and all piping to our house has been put in and ready to go. They are going to build the frame and then the walls and away they go with our house! TOO exciting.

(these are from beginning to end of the basement, all done within 3 days!)



Building a house does teach you a thing or 2 about yourself that you might not of already known. Mine is that, though I felt I had grown a patience for others, I haven't. I always say to Cody, " they should be working harder. They should be working faster!" but he is always right when he says, " they are going at the speed that they can. We want a well built home. Not scraps of wood put together." And yes, in the end, I would prefer to have a well put together home where I don't have to worry about the walls cracking, or us being blown over in the wind!

What helps me with my patience is my new found friend, Pinterest. I have had pinterest for about a year now, but it has never become a part of me until we decided to buy a house. Pinterest has a lot of really "easy to understand" posts of DIY projects that allow me to feel like I've made something nice for myself!

My "in-laws" recently did a renovation and had a door left over... I recently found it in the backyard and fell in love with it. I had seen an idea where they take an old door. Paint it the color of their choice and then mount it to the wall- using it as a DIY headboard! BRILLIANT idea. and VERY cost effective. Well luckily, my father-in-law graciously let me have it and now my brain gears are turning.... trying to decide on color etc.

SEE! Once you get one step going(building a house, finding a house, renting a house....) Pinterest enters your life and you can't stop it! It makes having nice furniture...tangible!

This is what ONE door looks like as a headboard. We may not use those colors per-say but it DEFINITELY helps with the final picture.


Well, my husband has finished watching his basketball game, I am tired from work and am ready to crawl in bed, watch an episode of Community and head of to dream land!

Hope you enjoyed! I will start posting my OWN DIY project adventures and hope I can be of some inspiration to you other DIYer's who want to be financially savvy with me!

CHOI!
W.

1 comment:

  1. Good way for us to keep up to date on whats happening in your lives, fun....

    ReplyDelete